Monday, August 18, 2008

Never ... never stay at the Cedar Lodge Motel in Medford ... enough said.

I checked out the Silver Falls State Park just east of Salem(Hwy 22). Great place ... has 10 waterfalls but the atmosphere was what got to me ... it was simply alive ... ferns everywhere, misty, you can feel the energy in the place. A couple of interesting humans (awake and aware and they reached out) in contrast there are so many are asleep or constrained by their family limitations to allow them to communicate. It's OK. Took 11 photos ... will post when I find the cable! I may buy a USB flash card reader tomorrow!

Limited my hikes .. I was still weakened from my recent cold so I only hiked about 3 miles total, but with 500' of climbing.

I have started to quiet myself, relax and begin to listen :) It will probably be raining in Bellingham tomorrow ... this is the best time to walk and listen.

I am joyful tonight and quieter ....

2 comments:

Shubh said...

Awesome Andy. Seems like you are enjoying lot there.

Please post some pics ASAP with your blog post

Shachi said...

Andy, what was wrong with the hotel :P ?

I miss Oregon! Dont tell me you went to Cannon Beach today :( That would make me feel jealous....

Enjoy!