Friday, August 22, 2008

Last day in Vancouver City



A nice sunny day.


Tried Dr Sun-Yat-Sen's classical Chinese garden. This was surprisingly non-touristy, there are only two small stores and they are mostly hidden from the garden.
The third photo is the view from the study of the scholar.

Essentially the chinese liked to visit the mountains to enjoy the quiet and peace found there. This garden is an attempt to bring the mountains to the home.

Old chinatown surrounding this is quite rundown and filled with tourist shops ... the garden is an oasis.


















After the garden I thought Gastown might be convenient ... mostly pubs and shops with one steam clock. If you really want to pay $24.99 for a hat ...

(Crossing East Hastings was more harrowing than expected ... hordes of "high" homeless right in your face ... a terrible paleness on them ... )

In the late afternoon I prepped for my ferry ride to Victoria tomorrow. I am off to Vancouver Island 'till Sept 1st.

After journalling for an hour this evening ... I find myself humbled by my arrogance(superciliousness) ... I judge too easily ... even though I try not to ... Yoda quote applies ".. there is no try ... do or do not". So I choose to no longer be arrogant with anyone. And only a fool hides his ignorance with bluster.
(Thank-you [God] for revealing this.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Andy very nice blog and cool pics. Feel reading it I am travelling with you :)Hope you getting better with your cold. Take care! Enjoy!