Another interesting day of increasing awareness and relaxation. I started off chatting with Jordan ... I think I am now committed to trying Ziplining just south of Victoria (when I get there ... hopefully Saturday) ... it'll be scary but fun.
Re-read the freedom prayer from "Waking The Dead" by Eldredge .... it's what set me off on this trip :). I really need this daily ... the world can so easily intrude and I need to be what he intended.
So ... began with the Capilano Suspension Bridge ... unique but tooo touristy ... the shop was so tacky I didn't buy anything ... much to sugar sweet. Took the eco-tour on my 2nd pass and learned about the tiny 9 cm brown bats that can live in the folds of the huge Douglas Firs and eat 600 bugs/night!
Some photos but nothing special. Thought of doing Grouse Mtn next ... but I've been up cable cars in New Zealand ... I would see Grizzlies and a view of Vancouver ... but I'll probably pass.
After this I wandered into Stanley Park ... much construction craziness ... but I found the jewel that is Third Beach (name really sucks). I have a few good photos of this beach and two candids, one of a brother-sister in the water (she had just dunked him) and another of some racoons playing in the trees nearby.
I really liked strolling along the high water mark and the water was not that cold! This moved me back to joy and quiet.
I continued around all the Northside beaches and after lots of walking ... crashed for a bit.
Wandered out around 8p along Robson ... more interesting characters ... ended up at Blenz on Bute (and Robson) and sketched the mix of curves and tower blocks that characterizes downtown Vancouver for me. Absolutely addictive dk chocolate mocha ... Sbux watch out.
I am attracted to some of the people here.
Found Chapters (bookstore) on the way back ... Borders should train their managers for US here ... so much better (book choice, layout, staff attitude). I was there for at least an hour but this would make an excellent rainy day standby. Only downside was the in house Sbux. Caught the last 2 crepes at a cafe, on my way back, around 10p .. now I cannot eat for the next 2 days!
1 comment:
Did you bike around Stanley Park? You seem to be loving Vancouver....nice descriptive blog and great pics....as usual :)
Post a Comment